1. Smooth and noisy operation: suitable for transmission occasions where the center distance between the two shafts is relatively large.
2. It has the function of buffering and absorbing vibration: the belt has good elasticity, and it can buffer and absorb vibration when the transmission is stable.
3. Overload protection function: If overload is encountered during work, the belt will slip on the pulley, which can prevent weak parts from being damaged, and can play a role of safety protection.
4. Low requirements for manufacturing and installation accuracy: low cost, simple structure, simple manufacturing, low cost, no need for lubrication, buffering, shock absorption, easy installation and maintenance, etc.
5. Suitable for long-distance transmission (amax=15m): The belt is an intermediate part, and the length can be selected according to the needs within a certain range to meet the requirements of large center distance.
The disadvantages of belt drive are:
1. Elastic sliding makes the transmission ratio i not constant: it is driven by friction and cannot transmit high power. There is slippage in the transmission, which cannot guarantee an accurate transmission ratio.
2. Sliding loss: When the belt is in operation, due to the difference in tension on both sides of the pulley and the corresponding deformation difference, it forms elastic sliding, resulting in a loss of speed between the pulley and the driven wheel. Elastic sliding is related to load, speed, pulley diameter and belt structure. Some belt drives also have geometric sliding. When overloaded, it will cause slipping, which will make the belt movement in an unstable state, the efficiency will drop sharply, the wear will increase, and the belt life will be seriously affected.
3. Hysteresis loss: The belt will repeatedly expand and contract during operation, especially the winding on the pulley will cause friction inside the belt body and cause power loss.
4. Air resistance: At high-speed transmission, the wind resistance in motion will cause torque loss, and the loss value is proportional to the square of the speed. Therefore, when designing a high-speed belt transmission, the surface area of ??the belt should be small, try to use a thick and narrow belt, the spoke surface of the pulley should be smooth, or use a spoke to reduce wind resistance.
We are going to have the EXHIBITION with The 19th International Exhibition on Textile Industry(ShanghaiTex 2019) this coming 25th-28th November 2019 which located in the Shanghai New International Expo Centre .You are always welcome to visit us at our booth No.D32, Hall No. E3, any time because we
Timing belts play a crucial role in the proper functioning of various mechanical systems, including engines, conveyor systems, and manufacturing equipment. Choosing the right timing belt is essential to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of these systems. With a wide range of options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to select the most suitable timing belt for your specific application. In this article, we will discuss the key factors to consider when choosing timing belts, enabling you to make an informed decision.
ULIFLEX company is a professional manufacture for industrial belts and equipment. It has cooperated with foreign companies to develop products which are widely used in the mechanical transmission of ceramic, glass, textile, food,automobile, tobacco, medicine and so on. We always believe that creativ